Optimizing Website Pages for Results
October 18, 2022Tips for your Business| Category:
Ranked from highest to lesser importance, here are the website pages that matter most regarding the use of keywords and the likelihood of potential customers visiting them. The Homepage, About Us, Blog, Contact Us, and Product (or Service) pages are the most important pages on your website.
Keep reading to learn how to optimize each to convert your website visitors into satisfied customers.
Of course, any page of interest to a possible client should have keywords to attract visitors, but the following stand out as the most important pages on a website. In other words, they are thought of as necessary by website users.
The below list of pages must shine on every level, not just with keywords but with their visual treatment and usability for the visitor.
Like an excellent dinner-party host, you want to anticipate your visiting guests’ preferences and provide whatever you can to make their visit pleasant and feel like they have been considered.
Your Website Homepage
Your website’s homepage isn’t necessarily the first visited page; however, it is your business’s first impression maker. Within a few seconds, a visitor has already decided whether your business gets a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down.
People often head to a service or product page; however, your Homepage is akin to the front door of your home. The hardest part is not to light up that front door with too many sparkly things.
Offer the Homepage as your invitation to people to visit other pages you want them to see, specifically your product and service pages. Make your Homepage better by:
- Providing headings for each service or product page (with keywords, of course.)
- Adding a great photo for each service or product page heading.
- Using a paragraph for each product or service, chocked full of keywords and phrases.
Your Website About Us page
The About Us page is definitely one of the most viewed pages on your website. People want to know about your business’s roots, and your business’s vision for its future. They also are looking for your information that allows them to relate to you on a personal level.
Offer your About Us page as the place to present a more confidential perspective about your business. Make your About Us page better by:
- Including a brief synopsis of your business’s history. (using keywords, of course.)
- Adding your vision or mission statement.
- Copying a few client testimonials, or even better, adding a live link to your Google reviews.
Your Website Business Blog page
Your business blog is evolved from the writerly origins of blogging ideas for like-minded readers. It is a very crucial page for a successful website. It is a targeted form of idea-sharing with a purpose of informing and making potential customers aware of your business.
Your Blog page lets your existing and future customers know that you are a company with energy. A blog furthers your ability as an expert in your field. A business blog is a perfect place to use keywords to have your article (and website) found online. Make your Blog page better by:
- Mention your products and services with keywords and phrases and provide links to those pages within your business blog.
- Answer specific questions that people are already asking online. They will find your blog when looking for answers.
- Don’t be afraid to let readers know you are proficient at solving their needs. However, not to sound too salesy.
Your Website Contact Us page
A Contact Us page is often the only way through which you can interact with a customer.
A Contact Us page is one of the most valuable pages on a website. It should have a physical address (if that applies), email, phone number, a fillable form the customer can fill out to describe what they are looking for, and a Call To Action (CTA) button if they choose not to use the form. Make your Contact Us page better by:
- Use your Contact Us page to remind the customer that you can solve their issues, and remind them what your business does with keyword content and resource button links to pages.
- Make it inspirational and memorable.
- Let customers know the likely timeline of when you are likely to get back, and thank them for taking their valuable time to contact you.
- Provide links to your social media accounts on your Contact Us page.
- Show off any awards, or magazine articles and include existing customer reviews.
Your Services and Products pages
Products/services pages are important to your website because they are your income makers. They urge customers to use your service or buy your product and should highlight details in a convincing way. It will help your website stand out from others’ offering similar services or products.
A Services/Product page illustrates the benefits of your company’s offerings in a meaningful way. Make your Products/Services pages better by:
- Keeping information current so that your customers have accurate information.
- Use fantastic images. Spend money on a professional videographer, photographer and even, aerial drone photography. This will make you stand out from your competition.
- Testimonials are helpful on product/services pages. They reassure potential clients that others similar to themselves are happy to do business with you.
- You should list prices on your website product/services pages.