What Website Features Make Customers Engage?
August 23, 2022How to Rank on the First Page on Google| Category:
If your website engagement is high, your site probably has a contemporary and fresh feel. If it also has website features that anticipate what people may be looking for, how much they want to read (or don’t want to), and it highlights they’ve come to the right place with easy-to-find 5-star reviews and beautiful photos, it is an excellent website they’ll visit regularly.
1) Be friendly, show respect, and make your website about the people who have just found it online.
Having a website is like having your favourite people over for an evening.
A dinner party shouldn’t be all about you; it’s a place for you to show appreciation for and to celebrate your friends and the time you will spend together.
As the host, you want to show these people that they matter to you by presenting your space to reflect their needs: like laying out the food, they’ll want, playing the music they love, and curating a wonderful ambience while visiting.
You also want your friends and family to know you are up to their high standards and that you’re there for them when they need you.
2) If your website makes a customer feel good and reflects its information in a way that succinctly benefits people, it’s a website people will return to regularly.
Website engagement is why you have an online presence, so let’s help you with the areas you should focus on. These tips will help you know you’ve done all you should to present your new website in the best way possible to achieve conversion optimization:
3) Let a client quickly see an overall view of your offerings on your home page and let there be easy navigation.
If your business offers several subcategories of services for several saleable products, each page should headline one product at the top with short paragraphs outlining each service beneath.
Quick is what it’s all about. Can a potential customer comprehend your pages in a few seconds?
4) People want your website’s tone of voice to match theirs.
It’s ok to have some playful content. (It opens your site up to more people) Explain ideas in simple and succinct terms. It allows intelligent people to skim (and they appreciate that) and lets them know quickly what and how you can help their needs.
5) Have great photos to make people feel good about life. Instagram has proven this tactic is a magnet for all of us.
We are a visual species, and boy, do we like us an artistic and intriguing photo.
Do not fear that you may not have perfect photos at the ready. Almost any photo can be colour manipulated, cropped, and made perfect by a website designer. Online stock images are also at the disposal of a website development company. We are happy to provide photography services if you prefer professionally taken photographs.
6) Ensure SEO keywords and phrasing are used in your pages’ content.
Customer engagement naturally increases the easier you make it for them to find your website. Inserting the necessary SEO keywords still needs to be done so that the sentences sound normal. See one of our proud SEO achievements here.
7) Put links to relevant pages in your website’s footer.
Make it easy for your customers to find your relevant page links. Add your essential page links in the footer, so navigation is easy when scrolling near the bottom of any page.
8) There are a few things a potential customer wants to always see. Make sure they can easily find these on your website:
- How (and when) can they contact you? Tell them if you are not likely to return calls within 8 -12 hours. It’s ok if that’s your timing. You’re focusing on other matters. People just want to know what the rules are and what they should expect. This shows respect for your clients. Your contact information should be in the footer of every page.
- Your reviews and testimonials. Reviews are rarely all 5-stars. That’s ok if you have a couple of not-so-good reviews; people have different levels of expectations, and we all slip up occasionally. How you respond lets potential clients imagine how they might be treated if things don’t go as planned. Ask your website design company to put the live reviews at the bottom of your homepage or the pages that make the most sense. To help you decide whether our services match your expectations, see SmartWebPros.com Google reviews.
- Internal links (relevant links within other pages’ content) make it easy for customers to find what they want. Not only does this improve user experience, but it also helps your site rank higher on Google by having active pages and internal links.