Does it Matter who Hosts My Website?
September 12, 2022Uncategorised| Category:
The first step in choosing a hosting provider is ensuring they have more than 10 years of experience. Try to look at three companies, and then make your choice. It makes good sense to use a small company that makes it their life’s work to keep tabs on their clients’ sites and knows how to fix technical server concerns and programming errors.
Let’s look at the website hosting features you should ask about.
Why do you need a website hosting company?
Your newly built website needs to be online, so your website needs to be with a hosting service. However, the wrong hosting environment can degrade your website’s performance online.
What website hosting features are good to have?
Although everyone’s business specifics differ, many business owners have shared desirable features. A small business web hosting company should provide:
- An excellent reputation: Along with having several years of business and hosting experience, positive testimonials and reviews are crucial. See our Google reviews here.
- Monitoring software: SmartWebPros uses monitoring software that notifies us during possible service interruptions or risks.
- A Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate enables secure connections for visitors, especially if they share their data on your site. Otherwise, potential customers visiting your site will see insecure pop-up warnings. A visitor will know a website with an SSL certificate because of the extra “s” on the URL, like this: https:// instead of http://.
- A backup service: A little-known fact is websites occasionally break..for all sorts of reasons, so a daily backup is best. And web hosting companies can provide backups, so if your website encounters malware concerns or goes down, you won’t be left out in the cold. Read our article, How Should I Make My Website Secure From Malware?
- Communicative client support: A small company can provide help whenever needed. SmartWebPros has a chat box for your convenience, and we always have a couple of staff members keeping their eye on it during business hours.
- Built-in security: If your hosting company doesn’t have built-in security protection, your website will not rank strongly with Google’s search algorithm, which means your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) lessens your site’s ability to reach new clients.
- ECommerce ability: SmartWebPros has various hosting plans, including eCommerce hosting and eCommerce website building. Your eCommerce website will have all the upload speeds you’ll require. Even if you don’t have an eCommerce site now, you can never know precisely what the future may hold, so it’s great to use a hosting company with many website hosting options.
- Website loading speed: Fast Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a programming language with the broadest range of development frameworks that makes your pages load faster. SmartWebPros is a small and dedicated website building company that offers website hosting, among other services. We keep a watchful eye on your website daily.
- PHP is the standard for WordPress (business blog posts usually use WordPress for blogging) and Facebook.
- Adequate webspace: A business website can include a blog, photos, videos, and a web store. Webspace is defined in gigabytes; a typical website with all those mentioned above will only use about 2 GB, to an unlikely maximum of 10 GB of webspace, so you’ll likely be covered with any company’s server. A gaming site would require much more web space.
- Email hosting: It is always more professional to respond or write an email with your business domain included as part of it. For a small monthly fee, SmartWebPros offers you White Glove Service, configuring a domain-inclusive email address, walking you through the phone set-up and even resetting your password for you if you forget it.